11/2/09

20 books to read



I've decided it's time to educate myself on some classic (or at least historically influential) literature. I think the smell of fall in the air has reminded me of school- freshly sharpened pencils and summer reading exams. What excites me, though, is to read these out of my own interest, not for a grade. I can snuggle on the couch just in time for the holidays. Happy reading to me! This is the list of my endeavor:

The Catcher in the Rye- JD Salinger (just finished this!)
Jane Eyre- Charlotte Bronte
Moby-Dick- Herman Melville
1984- George Orwell
War and Peace- Leo Tolstoy
Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte
Catch 22- Joseph Heller
All Quiet on the Western Front- Erich Maria Remarque
Beloved- Toni Morrsion
Ulysses- James Joyce
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man- James Joyce
The Sound and the Fury- William Faulkner
The Sun Also Rises- Earnest Hemmingway
A Farewell to Arms- Earnest Hemmingway
On the Road- Jack Kerouac
Les Miserables- Victor Hugo
Rebecca- Daphne du Maurier
The Call of the Wild- Jack London
Emma- Jane Austen
Madame Bovary- Gustave Flaubert

Suggestions welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment