
So, after "attending" the Verge conference here in Austin (through live video streaming), I've been thinking alot about what missional living should look like. What I've learned is that there is no magic formula to sharing the gospel with people, you've just got to get out there and do whatever works! Make disciples like the apostles did, by apprenticeship. Bring people along side you in what you're doing- whether serving, learning, teaching, inviting, worshiping, or just loving. Share Christ's love with everyone, don't keep it to yourself!
Now to my point... in light of the recent election, there has been a group of Americans identified as "evangelicals." I, like most others, have scoffed at their projected angry, judgemental, and closed-minded attitudes. I always thought this group was only comprised of the fundamentalists who believe what their fathers taught them, not what God is trying to teach them... whose hearts are not easily changed and are quick to judge. Anyways, I wonder if the world puts me in this category because I (try to) boldly proclaim the name of Jesus... and why does that bother me? Should it matter what others think of me? Does it matter to me? I think I have wrongly summarized these people who might actually just be getting heat because they are representing truth that is hard to swallow. I'm okay with being disliked for telling the truth. Of course there are crazies throwing out theological garbage, but overall, I bet I am part of this "evangelical" group, and I should worry about the plank in my own eye instead of pointing out the speck in my brother's. food for thought.
PS- I am officially halfway through War and Peace by Tolstoy, and have successfully turned out my third batch of homemade bread!


No comments:
Post a Comment