
I'm missing my husband like crazy tonight... Right before 9 days apart, my childhood dog (who had recently gone blind) had to be put to sleep after suffering a horrible unprovoked attack by a neighbor dog. My dad was in Guatemala when it happened, so my mom was forced to race her to the Vet ER alone and make the decision to let her go. I was so upset, i wanted to race up to Dallas to be with my mom, but we were scheduled to meet in Santa Fe from separate flights for a girls weekend the next day. We were there for 5 days, then Ben left for a business trip a few hours before I returned. 9 days is too long without my other half! Santa Fe was a good distraction from the grief and great bonding time. Hopefully when Ben returns on Tuesday, the turmoil will settle.
On a much lighter note, I'm thinking about making my yard pretty for this spring! I've got to confirm that the plants I have in mind are compatible with Austin heat and tons of shade from Live Oaks. Does anyone know much about raising garden vegetables??


No comments:
Post a Comment