4/6/10

making the switch!



So I'm finally doing it... beginning work with a patients I love and am truly passionate about- kids afflicted with cancer. I've loved this field of nursing and these kiddos for years now, but have never lived in a place with job availabilities.

After 2 years of waiting, a job at Dell Children's Oncology floor fell into my lap- even a day position! Wow, I have to do it... God made it pretty clear through this that it is time for me to move on. It was a very bittersweet decision considering I am not unhappy at my current job in adult ICU... and will truly miss my buddies at NAMC, as well as the intensity of patient acuity- something about saving people's lives every day is pretty cool in itself. However, if I turned this down, I know I would regret it beyond compare later in life.

I'm super nervous and excited out of my mind!!! Thanks to all you guys for your love, and a special shout out to Marian- my main girl who hooked me up with this shin-dig :) Watch out- new nurse coming through!

1 comment: