
Ah, the mountains. I always have fantasized about the Rockies, but it turns out, Salt Lake City has some good ones as well. Ben's job has asked us to relocate to the land of mountain sports and the Mormons... SLC, UT. What do I know about this place? Mountain sports and Mormons. So I have a lot to learn, but my nervousness and insecurity about branching into the unknown has finally started to settle, thanks to a gracious God and an incredible supportive and loving husband. The minute we have told people about our move, God has answered my prayers fighting isolation when moving 1300 miles away from all I know by introducing us to so many people who "know someone" in Salt Lake, or know of a great church plant, or good neighborhoods to live in, what's to love, etc! My prayer is to learn how to effectively love the LDS people, and be bold yet approachable about my faith. This looks like a wonderful opportunity to live missionally. Finding a church will be imperative, and God seems to have provided numerous connections for us in this department. Our next steps will be finding a house there, selling ours, rifelling through our crap, MOVING, and finding a new job... by the end of March. 2 1/2 months! Not knowing where to begin, I immediately do nothing. My brain is so overwhelmed with processing, that I seem to be a little paralyzed at the moment... hence blogging instead of working. I was so happy to find online today a pregnancy center affiliated with the Care Net network though! (Which is what Austin LifeCare is, where I love my role as a volunteer Peer Counselor) http://www.prcslc.net/ I definitely already emailed them to expect me to show up at their door to work in March :) I'm looking at this as a new slate, possibly stepping away from the world of clinical nursing. Turns out though, Google is only interested in offering links to hospitals for nursing employment. Hm. One step at a time I suppose, which means now, cleaning the house to take pictures for Zillow. Here we go!


No comments:
Post a Comment