8/12/10

It's August??

Wow, alot has come to pass since my last update!


My new job at Dell Children's is very good- I am so thankful to have a way to serve these little people and their families. My favorite part of the hospital is Child Life. These employees do play therapy to introduce the kids to procedures and equipment, as well as just do fun things with them while stuck inside with IV poles attached to them. Movie nights, lots of crafts, Wii, play rooms, just being silly... it's a good job! I'm still getting to know all of the oncology kids that frequent our floor, and they are just beginning to trust me more I believe. They are definitely my favorites to take care of :) (We get diabetics and other overflow patients as well.)I still am waiting to take my chemo certification class though- it's frustrating to have to ask someone else to hang your meds, and not know all about the drug that's being given. I think there is a class in September, hopefully.

Ben and I are in some limbo right now about our direction. Moving could be on the radar for us, a couple different options- or just staying put. Apparently the $8000 new home owner tax credit must be repaid in part (or full?) if you sell the house before 36 months of ownership... so that may hold us here for a while anyway. We're on month 15 I believe.

Ben loves his job! He really seems to like being a design engineer and being a part of something that helps people. He designs low-cost, high-function hip implants, that will help with "operation walk," which provides free ortho surgeries and education for developing countries. Hopefully he will be able to continue with this job for a long while.


I got to take a trip to Charlotte, NC to see my girls from college in June. So much fun to see everyone, but definitely went through some friend withdrawal when I returned home! No friendships can compare to those made in college, where your friends are your family... I miss it!!



Then Ben got to see his college friends in CO for a weekend in July! A very similar experience for him I believe. THEN, he went for an 8 day motorcycle trip with his dad through NM and CO. I missed him so much!! Lots of good bonding time for them though. However, Ben ran into some bad luck with his tires, and had to get them both replaced on 2 separate days, with a tow-truck involved. Lots of money later, he got home safe. Oie.




NEXT, we have OUR vacation planned to CO in 2 weeks. We are flying to Denver to climb Long's Peak, woo hoo! Even though Ben has been to Colorado twice in the past month, I haven't! Nature, mountains, altitude, a little challenge... is how I get some life pumped back into my body! A little R&R kind of. However, there's a chance the trip may be postponed for now due to Ben's work. Hopefully not.

So that's our summer in a nutshell... I'm inside on the computer because it's 102 outside. Ah, Texas in August! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment